No products in the cart.
FUJIFILM NZ INSTAX LIMITED 12 MONTHS WARRANTY
What is a warranty?
We thank you for purchasing a FUJIFILM NZ Instax camera (Instax Camera). Your Instax Camera has been manufactured to precise standards, with rigid quality control through every part of the manufacturing process. When you bought your Instax Camera, you were given a warranty, which means for a certain period after purchase, any manufacturing defect will be repaired or replaced (with the same product if reasonably available or with an equivalent product) free-of-charge. Our Instax Cameras are extremely reliable, but like all complex equipment, it is possible that faults can develop over time.
How long does my warranty last?
The warranty period for Instax Cameras bought in New Zealand is 12 months. The warranty period begins from the date printed on the receipt from the authorised FUJIFILM NZ store or authorised FUJIFILM NZ online store (Authorised Dealer).
What do I need to claim a free repair under warranty?
All you will need is the receipt that you were given by the Authorised Dealer you bought it from. It’s very important that you look after your receipt, as without this evidence you cannot claim your warranty. You do not need to present a warranty card to claim your warranty.
What is not covered by the warranty?
The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, scratching, abrasions or cosmetic damage. More specifically, it does not cover damage caused by:
- Any misuse or improper handling (the Instax Camera should be protected if carried in a bag or a case)
- Dropping or knocking the Instax Camera
- A repair, modification or cleaning done by anyone other than FUJIFILM NZ or a FUJIFILM NZ authorised service centre
- Leaking or exhausted batteries
- Improper storage (extremes of temperature or humidity)
- The exposure to or entry of chemicals, water or other liquid into the Instax Camera
- Exposure to dust, sand and grit
How do I claim a repair under warranty?
You can either take or send the Instax Camera to Authorised Dealer you bought it from or direct to FUJIFILM NZ. Subject to any rights available to you under any applicable statute you must meet the cost for sending the Instax Camera back to the Authorised Dealer or to FUJIFILM NZ. The cost of returning the Instax Camera to you will be met by the shop or by FUJIFILM NZ.
What happens if I have lost my receipt?
If you have lost your receipt, you will have no evidence that the Instax Camera is within its warranty period, so regrettably you will not be entitled to repair or replacement of your Instax Camera under this warranty. Your Instax Camera may still be covered by New Zealand consumer laws.
How do I go about getting a repair or replacement under the warranty?
You will need to return your Instax Camera, with a copy of the Authorised Dealer receipt, to the Authorised Dealer you bought it from, or direct to FUJIFILM NZ at:
FUJIFILM NZ Repairs, 2c William Pickering Drive, Rosedale, Auckland 0632
Make sure that:
- The Instax Camera is packed with a sufficient protection to prevent any further damage (including removing all batteries from the camera body and wrapping them separately) and returning them with the Instax Camera. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Instax Camera arrives safely.
- You give us your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if you have one) – otherwise we cannot return the Instax Camera to you.
- Please do not send us your media cards.
- Subject to any rights available to you under any applicable New Zealand consumer laws FUJIFILM NZ’s liability is strictly limited to repairing or replacing the Instax Camera and FUJIFILM NZ will have no liability for indirect or consequential loss of any kind due to a defect with the Instax Camera.
- FUJIFILM NZ accepts no liability for loss of data or pictures caused by the Instax Camera’s malfunction.
- FUJIFILM NZ reserves the right not to repair a Instax Camera under warranty if the serial number has been removed, altered or defaced.
- FUJIFILM NZ will normally use new parts, but reserves the right to use reconditioned or repaired parts.
- Any defective parts replaced in the camera become the property of FUJIFILM NZ.
- This warranty is in addition to (and does not affect) your statutory rights as a consumer.
- FUJIFILM NZ reserves the right to replace the entire Instax Camera as an alternative to a repair.
- If you send your Instax Camera to FUJIFILM NZ without any contact details, FUJIFILM NZ reserves the right to dispose of your Instax Camera six months after receipt.
- If an Instax Camera is sent to FUJIFILM NZ without adequate protection, and the Instax Camera is damaged in transit, FUJIFILM NZ reserves the right to charge for any extra repair.
Your statutory rights
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the New Zealand consumer laws. Under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (CGA) you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. This is not a complete statement of your rights under the CGA. For more information please see here.
The 12 month warranty set out above is an additional warranty offered by FUJIFILM NZ and is not intended to exclude or limit your rights and remedies under New Zealand consumer laws or other laws. The expiry of this 12 month warranty does not affect those rights.
If you require further information please contact FUJIFILM NZ Repairs as follows:
Telephone: 0800 242 646